- Four independent channels
- Configurable PID loop filters
- Sub-millikelvin stability
- Touch screen control
- Host GUI & API
- 40 W of user-assignable control power
- 6 A/channel
- 18 V compliance
- TEC or resistive heaters
- External control of set point
- Interlock other devices based on temperature controller fidelity
- Diode & quantum cascade laser
- Semiconductor amplifiers & tapered amplifiers
- Photonic integrated circuits (PICs)
- Nonlinear & photonic crystals
- Optical cavities, gas cells, and interferometers
Features like slew rate control and an output trigger allow you to trust your delicate photonic devices such as doubling crystals to the SLICE-QTC. You can set a maximum rate of temperature change and have confidence it won’t be exceeded. Safeguard your laser diodes by automatically shutting down the current if the the temperature goes out of range. Easily tune the PID temperature loop using the loop performance monitoring system.
The Vescent Photonics SLICEs of precision photonics control. Individually or working together, SLICE provides the performance you need on your benchtop, laser table, or in a rack.
SLICE-QTC in action:
|Control||Touch screen & rotary knobs
Host GUI via USB 2.0
API via USB 2.0
|Control Range||(see note 2)|
|Capacity||40 W total3
up to 18 V compliance4
|Sensor Type||NTC thermistor5|
|Compatible Plants||TECs, Resistive Heaters|
|Stability5||±0.2 mK over 10 minutes|
|Set Point Resolution||<0.002°C|
|Power Input||100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz|
|Slew Rate Control||Yes|
|1All specifications subject to change without notice.
2Demonstrated -20 to +120°C. Broader temperature range is possible. Range limited largely by ability of plant design to remove heat and by thermistor nominal 10 kΩ reference temperature.
5Nominally 10 kΩ at 25°C, but by selecting a thermistor that is 10 kΩ at another temperature, it is possible to improve precision at other temperature ranges.
5Plant-dependent. Specified for the D2-100 Laser.