Vescent develops and manufactures novel electro-optic and laser technologies. We offer frequency-stabilized diode laser systems and precision electronics; our scientists and engineers are continuously developing cutting-edge solutions to technical challenges.
Tools for AMO Scientists: Featured Products
- New Firmware for SLICE-QTC (4/23/2019)- We have released new revisions of firmware for the SLICE-QTC Four-Channel Temperature Controller. System Controller 1.24 and QTC 1.38 along with update instructions are now available on GitHub. 1.24 and 1.38 have new features and substantial stability improvements over the previous revisions. We strongly urge all SLICE users to update today!
- Intern Positions at Vescent (4/23/2019)- Vescent Photonics is seeking two interns for the summer of 2019. Come join us in Arvada, CO and enjoy on-the-job training while making a measurable difference to our market reach. Do you enjoy controlling instruments via embedded software and firmware? We are looking for a programmer to grow their skill set while expanding the capabilities […]
- Micro-Resonator Soliton (3/18/2019)- Nicolas Volet et al. have reported on “Micro-Resonator Soliton Generated Directly with a Diode Laser” in Laser & Photonics Review. An external-cavity diode laser for 1550-nm wavelength is reported with ultra-low noise, high power coupled to a fiber, and fast tunability. These characteristics enable the generation of an optical frequency comb in a silica micro-resonator with […]
- Vescent is seeking a Digital Marketing Intern (3/5/2019)- Vescent Photonics, a leading designer of and photonics tools in the Denver, area, is looking for an intern to assist in digital marketing. This is a great opportunity to develop your marketing skills and put them to work. See details here.
- Phase Noise Between Two Phase Locked DBR Lasers (12/5/2018)- We measured the phase noise between two phase locked D2-100 DBR Lasers. The phase noise (integrated from 1 Hz to 100 kHz) was measured to be <1.1 mrad. Read the complete application note here.
- NEW SLICE-QT Temperature Controller (10/29/2018)- Introducing our NEW Slice-QT 4-channel temperature controller! The SLICE-QT features four independent PID temperature control channels for TECs or heater blocks. For more information, visit:https://www.vescent.com/products/electronics/slice/slice-qt-four-channel-temperature-controller/ Or watch our youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn_x7vN3Vuw
- Diode Laser System (10/23/2018)- Vescent Photonics is proud to introduce our Diode Laser Systems. A complete turn-key laser system, you get everything you need to go from box to locked in under 1 hour. For more information, visit us here. Or watch our youtube video!
- D2-250 Heterodyne Module (10/15/2018)- Vescent Photonics’ D2-250 Heterodyne Module is designed to conveniently overlap two lasers to produce an optical beat note. To learn more about our Heterodyne module, visit: https://www.vescent.com/products/electro-optics/d2-250-heterodyne-module/ Or watch our Youtube video: https://youtu.be/WABO6WuIlvY
- D2-210 Spectroscopy Module (10/8/2018)- Vescent Photonics is happy to present our D2-210 Spectroscopy Module. Our D2-210 makes locking to atomic transitions easier and more powerful than ever before. For more information, visit: https://www.vescent.com/products/electro-optics/d2-210-spectroscopy-module/ Or watch our youtube video: https://youtu.be/zXafbukov5k
- 2018 Nobel Prize in Physics Awarded (10/3/2018)- The Nobel Prize in physics was awarded to Arthur Ashkin (US), Gérard Mourou (France), and Donna Strickland (Canada) for optical tweezers and chirped pulse amplification. Prof. Strickland is the 3rd ever woman to win Nobel Prize in Physics . Congratulations to all three!