Vescent develops and manufactures novel electro-optic and laser technologies. We offer frequency-stabilized diode laser systems and precision electronics; our scientists and engineers are continuously developing cutting-edge solutions to technical challenges.
Tools for AMO Scientists: Featured Products
- Measurement of the Yb I 1S0−1P1 transition frequency (12/21/2016) - We thank Prof. Bergeson for sharing their work, Measurement of the Yb I 1S0 – 1P1 transition frequency at 399 nm using an optical frequency comb, published in Physical Review A, 94, 052511 (2016).
- Synthesis of a 30 Hz Linewidth Wave Tunable over 500 GHz (12/16/2016) - Dr. François Bondu of CNRS in France shared his group’s work to produce an extremely narrow electrical wave with broad tunability. Dr. Bondu used our D2-105 Laser Controller to drive a DFB laser as part of the work. We thank Dr. Bondu for sharing the preprint of his paper that has been accepted for publication […]
- Vescent is Hiring! (12/13/2016) - Vescent Photonics is searching for a Sales Professional. Join us and help drive your team to success. An exciting position at an exciting company that is growing rapidly. Read the job description here and apply to jobs.at.vescent.com Please provide a résumé and a cover letter expressing interest and qualification. Applications without a résumé and cover letter […]
- Ig Nobel Prize in Physics Awarded (9/26/2016) - The 2016 Ig® Nobel Prizes were awarded by a consortium of Nobel Laureates and other deep thinkers. This year’s Physics prize was awarded to Gábor Horváth, Miklós Blahó, György Kriska, Ramón Hegedüs, Balázs Gerics, Róbert Farkas, Susanne Åkesson, Péter Malik, and Hansruedi Wildermuth, for: their 2010 work on why white-haired horses are the most horsefly-proof […]
- Vescent Sells Waveguide Business to Analog Devices (9/19/2016) -
- CLEO 2016 (6/6/2016) - Next up: CLEO in San Jose, CA. CLEO (Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics) serves as the premier international forum for scientific and technical optics, uniting the fields of lasers and opto-electronics by bringing together all aspects of laser technology, from basic research to industry applications. If you missed us at Defense & Commercial Sensing and […]
- Welcome to DAMOP (5/23/2016) - Welcome to all DAMOP attendees. DAMOP, the Division of Atomic and Molecular Optical Physics meeting is underway at the Providence Convention Center in Providence, RI. Ben Luey, Staff Scientist at Vescent will participate in an Industrial Career Panel and Discussion on Tuesday evening from 6:30 to 9:00 pm in Room 553 AB. Ben and the […]
- Defense and Commercial Sensing (4/27/2016) - Vescent Photonics is excited to again be participating in the SPIE Defense and Commercial Sensing Conference in Baltimore, 17-21 April, 2016. Come see us at Booth 241. We are pleased to be presenting two papers. Our paper No. 9828-7, titled “Laser-based satellite communication systems stabilized by non-mechanical electro-optic scanners,” will be in the Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) […]
- Vescent to show non-mechanical optical communication link at Photonics West (2/11/2016) - Golden, CO (14 Feb, 2016) Vescent Photonics will unveil a free-space optical communication (FSO) demonstration based on its unique liquid crystal waveguide technology. A completely non-mechanical, live optical link with multiplexed data transmission will be on display. The engine for establishing & maintaining the communication link is the SEEOR (Steerable Electro-Evanescent Optical Refractor), the 2015 […]
- Gravitational Wave Detection Confirmed (2/11/2016) - Confirming a prediction of Albert Einstein’s from a hundred years ago, scientist from LIGO (Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory) have confirmed the existence of gravitational waves. Two multi-kilometer interferometers in Washington and Louisiana states made coincident measurements confirming the detection of the gravitational wave on 14 September 2015. An abundance of caution led the scientist to delay official […]