Vescent develops and manufactures novel electro-optic, waveguide, and laser technologies. From giant voltage control over optical phase to frequency stabilized diode laser systems and precision electronics, our scientists and engineers are continuously developing cutting-edge solutions to technical challenges.
- Defense and Commercial Sensing (4/27/2016) - Vescent Photonics is excited to again be participating in the SPIE Defense and Commercial Sensing Conference in Baltimore, 17-21 April, 2016. Come see us at Booth 241. We are pleased to be presenting two papers. Our paper No. 9828-7, titled “Laser-based satellite communication systems stabilized by non-mechanical electro-optic scanners,” will be in the Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) […]
- Vescent to show non-mechanical optical communication link at Photonics West (2/11/2016) - Golden, CO (14 Feb, 2016) Vescent Photonics will unveil a free-space optical communication (FSO) demonstration based on its unique liquid crystal waveguide technology. A completely non-mechanical, live optical link with multiplexed data transmission will be on display. The engine for establishing & maintaining the communication link is the SEEOR (Steerable Electro-Evanescent Optical Refractor), the 2015 […]
- Gravitational Wave Detection Confirmed (2/11/2016) - Confirming a prediction of Albert Einstein’s from a hundred years ago, scientist from LIGO (Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory) have confirmed the existence of gravitational waves. Two multi-kilometer interferometers in Washington and Louisiana states made coincident measurements confirming the detection of the gravitational wave on 14 September 2015. An abundance of caution led the scientist to delay official […]
- New Electro-Optic Laser Scanners for Small-Sat to Ground Laser Communication Links (2/11/2016) - Scott R. Davis,* Seth T. Johnson, Scott D. Rommel, and Michael H. Anderson (Vescent Photonics) Jimmy Chen and Tien-Hsin Chao (Jet Propulsion Laboratory) In this paper we present new electro-optic beam steering technology and propose to combine it with optical telecommunication technology, thereby enabling low cost, compact, and rugged free space optical (FSO) communication modules […]
- Microresonator Frequency Comb Stabilization (1/25/2016) - Microresonator Frequency Comb Stabilization with the Vescent Photonics D2-125 Reconfigurable Servo The comb tooth spacing and its control are important parameters for building an effective frequency comb. Senior Research Scientist Dr. Shu-wei Huang at UCLA has used the Vescent Photonics D2-125 Reconfigurable Servo to stabilize the comb tooth spacing of a microresonator frequency comb and shares […]
- Photonics West (12/23/2015) - Vescent Photonics will be attending Photonics West at Moscone Center in San Francisco from 13 to 18 February, 2016. We invite you to visit us at booth 4159 and see the latest developments in non-mechanical beam steering as well as lasers, electronics, and electro-optics for the AMO community. If you just can’t wait for your […]
- Large-Offset Phase Locks Application Note (12/8/2015) - We are pleased to provide an application note on the use of the D2-135 Offset Phase Lock Servo to acquire phase locks with frequency offsets to 43 GHz and potentially higher. Sideband Locking Application Note Normally the D2-135 OPLS is used to obtain a phase lock between slave and master lasers with a user-selected frequency offset […]
- Vescent Photonics engages with the Wojskowa Technical Academy and Raytheon in development of Liquid Crystals for Mid-wave IR Beam Steering (10/27/2015) -
- 2015 Nobel Prize in Physics Awarded (10/8/2015) - The 2015 Nobel Prize in Physics was shared by Takaaki Kajita of the University of Tokyo and Arthur B. McDonald of Queen’s University (Kingston, Canada) for their “discovery of neutrino oscillations, which shows that neutrinos have mass.” Congratulations!
- New SEEOR Videos (9/25/2015) - The Vescent Photonics SEEOR (Steerable Electro-Evanescent Optical Refractor) will non-mechanically steer an infrared laser over a 30ºx5º Field of View in a truly analog fashion allowing for raster scans, tracking, and random beam scans. Two new videos show the capabilities of the SEEOR, including its performance in a closed-loop tracking situation. [/row] Contact Vescent for […]