Vescent develops and manufactures novel electro-optic, waveguide, and laser technologies. From giant voltage control over optical phase to frequency stabilized diode laser systems and precision electronics, our scientists and engineers are continuously developing cutting-edge solutions to technical challenges.
- Vescent to show non-mechanical optical communication link at Photonics West (2/9/2016) - Golden, CO (14 Feb, 2016) Vescent Photonics will unveil a free-space optical communication (FSO) demonstration based on its unique liquid crystal waveguide technology. A completely non-mechanical, live optical link with multiplexed data transmission will be on display. The engine for establishing & maintaining the communication link is the SEEOR (Steerable Electro-Evanescent Optical Refractor), the 2015 […]
- Microresonator Frequency Comb Stabilization (1/25/2016) - Microresonator Frequency Comb Stabilization with the Vescent Photonics D2-125 Reconfigurable Servo The comb tooth spacing and its control are important parameters for building an effective frequency comb. Senior Research Scientist Dr. Shu-wei Huang at UCLA has used the Vescent Photonics D2-125 Reconfigurable Servo to stabilize the comb tooth spacing of a microresonator frequency comb and shares […]
- Photonics West (12/23/2015) - Vescent Photonics will be attending Photonics West at Moscone Center in San Francisco from 13 to 18 February, 2016. We invite you to visit us at booth 4159 and see the latest developments in non-mechanical beam steering as well as lasers, electronics, and electro-optics for the AMO community. If you just can’t wait for your […]
- Large-Offset Phase Locks Application Note (12/8/2015) - We are pleased to provide an application note on the use of the D2-135 Offset Phase Lock Servo to acquire phase locks with frequency offsets to 43 GHz and potentially higher. Sideband Locking Application Note Normally the D2-135 OPLS is used to obtain a phase lock between slave and master lasers with a user-selected frequency offset […]
- Vescent Photonics engages with the Wojskowa Technical Academy and Raytheon in development of Liquid Crystals for Mid-wave IR Beam Steering (10/27/2015) -
- 2015 Nobel Prize in Physics Awarded (10/8/2015) - The 2015 Nobel Prize in Physics was shared by Takaaki Kajita of the University of Tokyo and Arthur B. McDonald of Queen’s University (Kingston, Canada) for their “discovery of neutrino oscillations, which shows that neutrinos have mass.” Congratulations!
- New SEEOR Videos (9/25/2015) - The Vescent Photonics SEEOR (Steerable Electro-Evanescent Optical Refractor) will non-mechanically steer an infrared laser over a 30ºx5º Field of View in a truly analog fashion allowing for raster scans, tracking, and random beam scans. Two new videos show the capabilities of the SEEOR, including its performance in a closed-loop tracking situation. [/row] Contact Vescent for […]
- Physicist Project Scientist Position Open at Lawrence Berkeley Labs (8/13/2015) -
- Vescent Photonics signs new Singapore Representative: APP Systems Services (7/29/2015) - We are pleased to announce a new partnership for Vescent Photonics sales & service in Singapore and Malaysia. APP Systems Services has joined the family and will be the sole distribution point for our products in their territory. We look forward to working with APP and wish them a warm welcome. For further information, contact […]
- Laser World of Photonics (6/16/2015) - Laser World of Photonics at the Messe München from 22-25 June 2015 does a perfect job of combining technology with industrial application sectors for the widest variety of industries and uses. Come visit Vescent Photonics at the MGOS booth Hall A2 Booth 300.