Vescent develops and manufactures novel electro-optic and laser technologies. We offer frequency-stabilized diode laser systems and precision electronics; our scientists and engineers are continuously developing cutting-edge solutions to technical challenges.
Tools for AMO Scientists: Featured Products
- Vescent Lasers Support Flying MOT (5/24/2017) - Dana Anderson, a professor at the University of Colorado Boulder and a Fellow at JILA, and his team have executed the first known civilian flight carrying a payload of ultracold rubidium atoms by flying from Boulder to Cheyenne, WY and back. The “Physics Package” of the MOT comprising the rubidium-charged vacuum chamber was provided by Cold […]
- Vescent Seeks Summer R&D Intern (4/4/2017) - Vescent Photonics is seeking a summer intern to assist in the development of state-of-the-art lasers, laser control electronics, and accessory electro-optic modules. If you want to get experience developing scientific products in a true commercial R&D environment, we’d like to speak with you.
- Look for Vescent at… (3/28/2017) - [/row]
- Vescent Photonics Exhibiting at APS March Meeting (3/6/2017) - Vescent is excited to be exhibiting for the first time at the APS March Meeting in New Orleans. The conference will be held in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and we will be located in booth 105. We will be showing our line of lasers, laser control electronics, and electro-optic accessories for precision measurements. We […]
- Efficient Diode Laser Line Narrowing (2/9/2017) - Dr. Michel Lintz and his colleagues at the Université de la Côte d’Azur in Nice and the Centre National d’Études Spatiales in Toulouse have recently reported narrowing the linewidth of a DFB diode laser to 4 kHz using both feed back and feed forward techniques. Dr. Lintz’ team used a Vescent Photonics D2-105 Laser Controller to […]
- Measurement of the Yb I 1S0−1P1 transition frequency (12/21/2016) - We thank Prof. Bergeson for sharing their work, Measurement of the Yb I 1S0 – 1P1 transition frequency at 399 nm using an optical frequency comb, published in Physical Review A, 94, 052511 (2016).
- Synthesis of a 30 Hz Linewidth Wave Tunable over 500 GHz (12/16/2016) - Dr. François Bondu of CNRS in France shared his group’s work to produce an extremely narrow electrical wave with broad tunability. Dr. Bondu used our D2-105 Laser Controller to drive a DFB laser as part of the work. We thank Dr. Bondu for sharing the preprint of his paper that has been accepted for publication […]
- Vescent is Hiring! (12/13/2016) - Vescent Photonics is searching for a Sales Professional. Join us and help drive your team to success. An exciting position at an exciting company that is growing rapidly. Read the job description here and apply to jobs.at.vescent.com Please provide a résumé and a cover letter expressing interest and qualification. Applications without a résumé and cover letter […]
- Ig Nobel Prize in Physics Awarded (9/26/2016) - The 2016 Ig® Nobel Prizes were awarded by a consortium of Nobel Laureates and other deep thinkers. This year’s Physics prize was awarded to Gábor Horváth, Miklós Blahó, György Kriska, Ramón Hegedüs, Balázs Gerics, Róbert Farkas, Susanne Åkesson, Péter Malik, and Hansruedi Wildermuth, for: their 2010 work on why white-haired horses are the most horsefly-proof […]
- Vescent Sells Waveguide Business to Analog Devices (9/19/2016) -