- Now with kinematic adjustments for fast, easy alignment!
- Conveniently overlap master & slave lasers to produce optical beat note
- Large range of power input
- “Pass-through” beam input configuration
- Optical beat note delivered to detection module via fiber
- Works with multimode fiber for easy alignment or single mode fiber for maximum signal
- Free-space beat note monitor exit for easy alignment
- Accessory to D2-135 OPLS
- Also useful with other heterodyne detection schemes
The D2-250 Heterodyne Module is designed to conveniently overlap two lasers to produce an optical beat note. New kinematic adjustment mounts make it easier and faster than ever to co-align master and slave lasers. The use of rotatable waveplates at the inputs and polarizing beam splitters allows adjustment of pick off percentage for accepting a large range of powers.
After conversion of the optical beat note to an electrical signal by the D2-160 Beat Note Detector or other fast detector, the electrical signal is delivered to the D2-135 Offset Phase Lock Servo which compares the divided-down beat note with either an internal or user-supplied reference signal and locks the slave laser tightly to maintain the desired offset from the master. The D2-250 is easy to align and only requires a small percentage of the total laser power from the two lasers.
|D2-250 Heterodyne Module Specifications|
|All specifications subject to change without notice.
1The maximum power incident upon the detector in the D2-160 Beat Note Detector from the sum total of the master and slave lasers must not exceed 1 mW. Damage to the detector can occur at average powers exceeding 1 mW.
2An FC/APC to SC/PC MM fiber is provided with the D2-160 Beat Note Detector.
|Wavelength range||700-1,000 nm|
|Power range||0.1 mW to 200 mW in each laser|
|Pick-off percentage||1-98% (variable)|
|Throughput||>98% in each laser; depending on waveplate orientation|
|Input polarization||Linear (horizontal or vertical)|
|Minimum power in beat note1||>50 μW, optimally 200 μW|
|Max power at detector1||<1 mW|
|Fiber connector on module||FC/APC2|
|Compatible fiber type2||Multimode or single mode|
Next Step:Contact Vescent
Additional Information:Visit Vescent's Q&A forum
Subscribe to our Newsletter